Count on Motorcycle Accident Attorneys to Fight for Victims in Fayetteville
Motorcyclists are seldom the cause of accidents
The skilled Fayetteville accident attorneys of the Martin Law Firm have extensive experience handling motorcycle accident cases, including establishing fault and negotiating with the at-fault vehicle driver. In pursuing justice and fair compensation for our clients, the Martin Law Firm thoroughly investigates and handles all types of motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, trucking accidents and motorcycle accidents.
According to the Arkansas State Police, there were 1,685 motorcycle accidents in 2010, which resulted in 1,426 non-fatal injuries and 92 fatalities. In 2007, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimated motorcyclists, per mile travelled, have 37 times the fatality rate of automobile drivers. The chances of injury – or death – from a motorcycle accident are too high. And contrary to popular belief, most motorcycle accidents are the fault of automobile or truck drivers – not motorcyclists.
Trust an experienced Arkansas motorcycle accident lawyer
The Fayetteville motorcycle accident attorneys at Martin Law Firm have decades of experience providing strong representation to victims of all sorts of vehicle accidents, including motorcycle accidents, automobile accidents and truck accidents. While a motorcycle offers a unique experience and economy, it also offers little protection from the road, the environment and other vehicles during an accident.
Motorcycle accident injuries are the most devastating
The lack of a cab on a motorcycle – and sometimes the lack of helmet on a rider – leaves nothing between the fragile human body and injury in a motorcycle accident. Too common, the injuries caused in a motorcycle accident include:
- Head and brain injury. Impact of the head with the road and other objects causes serious injury to the skull and delicate brain tissue. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) results from penetration of the skull and brain or from shearing and twisting of axons, which are – white matter – during the violent movements of a motorcycle or other vehicle accident. Helmet use reduces the frequency and severity of damage to the face, head and brain.
- Back and spine injury. Even a low-speed collision can cause disabling rider injury. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Fayetteville fight aggressively to gain compensation for individuals who suffer spinal cord injuries (SCI) in motorcycle accidents. SCI is usually permanent and often causes varying forms of paralysis including paraplegia and quadriplegia.
- Wrongful death. Due to the vulnerability of motorcycles, riders often suffer multiple serious injuries that may result in death.
Follow these tips to reduce the risk of motorcycle accidents
The Martin Law Firm believes that preventing motorcycle accidents is better than pursuing compensation for injuries resulting from one. Tips for riders to reduce motorcycle injuries include:
- Wearing a helmet
- Knowing your motorcycle and your skill
- No driving impaired
- Assuming car and truck operators are distracted and, therefore, do not see you
- Driving well and driving safely
Accidents will happen — unfortunately more often to motorcycle riders. If injured in Arkansas, talk to our Fayetteville motorcycle accident lawyers. Often perceived as thrill seekers not deserving of proper respect, injured riders need strong, skilled representation to protect their rights — and achieve maximum compensation for injuries suffered due to the negligence of others.
Skilled legal help when you are injured in a motorcycle accident
From offices in Fayetteville, our personal injury law firm serves clients throughout Arkansas who are injured in motorcycle accidents and other collisions. Contact the Martin Law Firm at or online today to schedule a free initial consultation for your motorcycle accident. We take evening and weekend appointments. All work is done on a contingency basis, which means you pay nothing unless we win compensation for you.